Monday, March 17, 2008

Time to clean, update and redecorate!

We have been told our bodies are like a Temple. Well I have been pondering about my Temple(body) recently. I have not been happy with the way I am feeling and looking inside and out. I got to thinking of what happens with the physical Temples we have on earth. They go through periods of cleaning, redecorating, updating the way things are run, and sometimes after big changes they are then rededicated for the Lords work. Well I decided to go through a period of cleansing, redecorating, updating and rededicating of my own Temple (body). So I figure if I put it on my blog, you will all see it. Then you can ask me how my decorating, cleaning, and updating is going! So ask away1 I need the motivation and the inspiration from you. My goal is to clean out 60 lbs of dust(that would be weight). I want to get rid of furniture that is making my Temple look ratty(that would be clothing to big or to small). I want to update how I run things. I want to become more dedicated to the will of the Lord in my life and to follow his plan for me. I love making goals. I do not always follow through with them so help me out on this. I figure I will be cleaning out till around October/November. I am going to also work on each of my rooms in my house and my mind and clean it out. During this time I want to be able to go through my furniture and decorations and find what no longer suits me and send it to someone who needs it. I want to study my scriptures more, pray more and just begin to listen more to the spirit. I want to do more service for others, and the only way I can do this is to get everything in order. I need to be ahead of the game. Wow, I have a lot to do. See ya later. Happy Easter everyone!! Love ya.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Honey,

That is a great entry on your blog, well written, thought out, and a wonderful analogy. I am proud of you and your family. Good luck on being successful with all of those goals. I love you!

Your dad

Amy said...

Lisa,

I haven't visited your blog in a while but I decided to visit and was pleasantly surprised with a NEW Entry! Yea! I have been feeling exactly the same way. I just need to sit down and set some goals like you have. But my problem is not keeping them it's making them. I start thinking about everything I need to change and get so overwhelmed that my brain short circuits and it goes down hill from them. I kind of feel like a chiken with it's head cut off. Anyhow we love you guys. You are such a great example to us. We miss you.
Love, Amy

Sondra said...

Yay Lisa! You are such a lovely lady! And you are already so pretty and young looking. But sometimes we need to take time for ourselves, it's important. You sound a lot like me. We just keep doing our best and not being too hard on ourselves when we can't fit everything in. I'm glad that eventually we'll have eternity to work on everything.

I"m sorry that I didn't call you back last week. I've been feeling like a turkey about that. I'm glad that you still love me. I am excited to come and see you all in Huntington. Love you!

Tiff Alaine said...

Hello sister Lisa! That is a cool analogy, thinking of our bodies as temples creates respect for God and ourselves. See ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey mom I think you need to update. :)